5 potential benefits of sea moss
- May support thyroid function: Sea moss is a rich source of iodine and may support thyroid function.
- May support immunity: One study conducted on salmon found that supplemental seaweed improved the functioning of the immune system.
- May be good for the gut: Sea moss is a good source of live bacteria and fiber, so it may replenish the body with good bacteria and improve gut health.
- May help with weight loss: The fiber content of seaweed can make you feel full and curb your cravings for more calories.
- May improve heart health: Some studies have reported that seaweed lowers your low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels, one of the risk factors for heart diseases.